Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Project E

vampchild opened this issue on Apr 08, 2014 ยท 337 posts

moogal posted Tue, 24 May 2016 at 8:02 PM

[erogenesis]

You know, all problems aside, this figure is lovely. For me she's the best Poser figure I've ever used, but of course I'd say that because I tailored her to what I need mostly. Chances are you'd like her too. The mannequins will also be fun to use I think. But eesh, I'm just shocked at the manner in which it all had to happen. Some of the bugs I discovered really boggle the mind. How can one dude in Africa spot them one day after the $500 app has been around for over a decade. How? You'll hear me complain about that for a long time to come.

Anyway, at least things are improving under Nerd3D. Two of the biggest thorns in my eyes, the JCM issue, the warping bulges issue have finally been resolved, along with a lot of other issues...

Thanks for your patience. Onwards!

You are so absolutely right that it's difficult to imagine how these issues can go unaddressed by the developers for years when it only takes a few minutes of using Poser to spot one... Change the camera with the widget and another camera can still be active in the palette (and no doubt this is 90% of people's problems trying to use the DoF/focal guide)... Hierarchy window is a mess and moves things around on its own... Saving a scene in the file requester doesn't update its thumbnail, same thumbnails shared by .pz3 and .pzz files... Changing from jpg to png forgets jpg compression settings... Loads of little things each of which should take no longer than a day to fix (if the devs have any idea what they are doing). We've compiled lists, discussed it endlessly, filed bug reports, all we can possibly do (and I'm loath to file reports because half the time I figure I'm the idiot and the program actually does work right... I mean it's not a bug if it does what they want it to do). So unlike you, I don't see things getting better until the oldest known issues are finally addressed (although if they are actively making your job creating ProjectE any easier, then kudos there).
Just when it seemed like I was going to finally make a break come along EZMat and ProjectE. I actually got my enthusiasm back for a brief moment a few months ago, until the last update (which may have been the single most underwhelming offering I've ever been pitched in 20+ years of upgrading animation software). I get it... I'm waiting for them to get serious about competing with iClone, they're still determined to play catch-up with Daz. And then there was the exodus from here to RDNA and then to wherever the humidity suits everyone that day... Anyway, great looking figure, and when she's up to your standards she will surely far exceed my own. Looking for a reason to use Poser for posing again, and not just for all of the other odd jobs I've kept it handy for. Maybe I'll even find a good reason to upgrade. Project E, EZMat, Reality, VWDynamics IMHO have brought/are bringing much more potential to users than the last couple official releases.