Fri, Apr 19, 7:04 PM CDT

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Apr 19 6:35 pm)

Subject: M4 Morphs++ won't load

EboMarconi ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2016 at 10:04 PM ยท edited Thu, 18 April 2024 at 11:56 PM

Having decided to buy some Michael characters, and further discovering a great deal on M4 morphs, I went ahead and got the Morphs++ and Creature Creator etc. I already have M4 in my runtime. So I installed them manually by unzipping to my 'Poser' directory and everything went where it belongs. The python scripts run ok and when done there is just one new dial in each body-part, which doesn't work, and no master parameters on Body. Now, I know these things must work (normally) because I see them in use by others. Poser Pro 2010. All my other DAZ characters work fine, from A3 through V4.2 WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG? Anybody have an idea on this?

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2016 at 10:54 PM

I know with V4 you have to initialize her before morphs will work... Looking to see if same is for M4 give me a few?

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Storeย 

SpookieLilOne's FreeStuffย 

SpookieLilOne's Galleryย 

"Life is just a dream on the way to death." ~The Crow: City of Angels

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Thu, 28 April 2016 at 11:04 PM

Yes, I asked my best friend and what she said was: Yes he does need initialized DzCreateExPFiles-M4 and DzCreateExPFiles-M4Gens if gonna use gens You can find them RuntimeLibraries!DAZ

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Storeย 

SpookieLilOne's Galleryย 

vitachick ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2016 at 7:20 AM

DzCreateExPFiles..Unable to locate...Knew I had it...

Help!

Win10 ย Poser 2014/Poser 11 Daz3D

hborre ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2016 at 7:34 AM
Online Now!

Should be in the same runtime you installed M4. However, if running any OS above Vista, you should not be installing content into parent Poser folder buried within Program Files; it should be an external runtime or runtime in a shared location.

EboMarconi ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2016 at 7:48 AM ยท edited Fri, 29 April 2016 at 7:55 AM

Thanks SpookyLilOne that's what I needed to do. Always wondered why Morphs++ would not work on V4, only V4.2. Never ran those because they have that DZ on them. Figured it was just for DAZ studio. At first I ran the .exe , didn't work. Then I started Poser, loaded M4 and ran the .py, didn't work. At last, since I always take the long road... I ran the .bat files!!! Hurray! M4 can be a new man. On my system the path looks like this: "C:\Users\EboMarconi\Documents\Poser\Runtime\Libraries\ !DAZ\DzCreateExPFiles-M4.bat" and likewise for V4 and M4-Gens. Thanks again and I will put a new free item for you all. I was inspired by a forum question of how to parent a camera. Never thought of it because in PP 2010 the cameras don't have 'SetParent' buttons. But, of course, I could do it in the Hierarchy Editor. So now I will model a shoulder mount CamCorder designed to be the parent of a dolly camera and upload it to my FreeStuff

SpookieLilOne ( ) posted Fri, 29 April 2016 at 10:36 AM

vitachick-if you cannot locate the files, you might need to download your m4 and ++ from Daz again... EboMarconi- I am so glad that was the issue!

*~*Jamie*~*

SpookieLilOne's Storeย 

SpookieLilOne's Galleryย 

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2017 at 4:20 AM

Okay, so what if that wasn't the issue? What if everything was put in the correct directory, you ran the DzCreateExPFiles like you were supposed to, and still the morphs don't load like they are supposed to? I don't see anything at all on the body actor except a head twist dial. The morphs are there on the rest of the body parts, but spinning the dials does nothing. What could have gone wrong? I had to manually move all the folders into my runtime. There was no executable.

What do you think happened? I think I should delete and reinstall. The extra 'content' folder is confusing me. I am hoping that I didn't screw that up.

Thanks for any help you may be able to provide.

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2017 at 9:53 AM
Online Now!

The content folder within the zips is confusing if you are manually decompressing and installing. You really should only be installing the files within the content folders, not that folder itself. That is the reason I've chosen to use the DIM for all my installations, both DAZStudio and Poser. The app is specifically designed to move those secondary folders and files to their proper places.

Double check if there are any instances of duplicate files installed anywhere else other than the main runtime you have placed Michael 4. That can cause problems with the morphs not functioning. Also, make certain all your morph files are installed into the same M4 base runtime and initialised each time a new package is introduced. Only use the base figure for injecting morphs, prior, saved figures will not accept those morphs properly.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2017 at 11:14 PM

Thanks. I have DIM, but will it find the zip files on my laptop and install them for me? I was just thinking of trying it right before I logged on here.

I want to make this for M4. I've updated the textures and redid a lot of the modeling and I am very happy with it. And Tyler is a good figure, but let's face it. He doesn't and can't be made to look like Superman.

MOS NEW SUIT.jpg

If I had a nickle for ever time a woman told me to get lost, I could buy Manhattan.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 18 April 2017 at 11:48 PM

I copied the zip files to the download folder of DIM, started it and they were there. I installed him, initialized him, and now everything works. This suit is about to be created for M4.

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2017 at 8:22 AM
Online Now!

Great! Glad it worked out. Love the costume. Any possibility of making it available once you are done?

rokket ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2017 at 9:18 AM ยท edited Wed, 19 April 2017 at 9:22 AM

Yeah, that's the idea. I put all my stuff on ShareCG now. I'll PM you a link when I upload it. I am glad you like it. I wish I had done it this way with the first costume. I actually made another costume and managed to Get it to look like I wanted this one to, so I went to work on it, remodeled a bunch of it, including the piping, the emblem and the boots.

This is the costume I did that made me want to redo it: Green Lantern Alyson.jpg

hborre ( ) posted Wed, 19 April 2017 at 12:05 PM
Online Now!

NICE!

rokket ( ) posted Thu, 20 April 2017 at 5:39 AM

My best work to date, IMHO...

VolcanicMink ( ) posted Sun, 23 April 2017 at 9:43 PM

@EboMarconi: Do you have Full Body Morphs available when you select the Body? I had them in PP12 but can't get them in PP11. Wondering if M4 is loading differently in PP11, or if there's another problem.

rokket ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2017 at 2:02 AM

MY problem was solved by using the DAZ Install manager. Everything loads like it's supposed to now. Thanks hborre, you saved the day for me.

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 25 April 2017 at 12:14 PM
Online Now!

I'm glad it helped. I have found DIM rather reliable once you learn the little tricks about it.

vxg139 ( ) posted Fri, 06 October 2017 at 11:12 AM

SpookieLilOne, thank you for the M4 body morph guidance.... been looking around the net for weeks to get this fix and had no luck... UNTIL NOW!

Great job...

vxg139

sterling7 ( ) posted Thu, 07 October 2021 at 10:49 PM

Forgive the "thread necromancy", but I had been having the same problem, so... thanks!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.