Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Latest WIN 10 update (KB3132372) prevents poser 10 from working

Gort opened this issue on Jan 02, 2016 ยท 37 posts

kruse posted Thu, 07 January 2016 at 2:07 AM

Levanah posted at 2:02AM Thu, 07 January 2016 - #4247570

Yes Poser 2014 works again after the latest patch and so do other software which were affected (incredimail for one). I did not reinstall the KB3132327 but only the KB3133434 update. Poser Pro 11 was never affected by this update and thus the troubles that you, kruse, are having must come from somewhere else. Maybe you should install it unto a different drive or location and then launch it from within that directory. Run the Poser exe directly from the directory and not from a thumbnail once installed. Also make sure you install the latest version as there has been an update since release. I know it sounds all a bit lousy but maybe worth a try. I also vaguely remember having had issues with an update concerning the preferredstate.pz3 which prevented it from launching but I don't want to give you false information. Did you set a preferred state or are you always launching with Andy? When you uninstall Poser, it never goes completely off your system and those remnants could cause issues, especially if on launch it calls up old memory and can't find what it is looking for. When you re-install I suggest overwriting your preferences when applying SR1.

Hi Levanah,

I'm sure; this isn't the right thread for my problem and I have to start deeper investigations on this issue. I have already tried all what you suggested with no success. I'm going to try this "Andy-thing" and hope for a better result. Fortunately I can use Poser 2014 until my problem is solved.

Thanks a lot Matthias