Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: New competition figure Sneak previews - SM

Razor42 opened this issue on Nov 03, 2015 ยท 240 posts

qaz posted Mon, 16 November 2015 at 9:38 AM

wolf359 posted at 9:24AM Mon, 16 November 2015 - #4238882

"Thought I'd put V4 through it's paces to see what it could do. The morph shown hasn't come within a mile of a Vendor. It's all mine. I do not have access to Zbrush. Few people can afford it anyway."

Hi sorry.. but no amount of HD morphing or polygons would have helped the V4 "Scarlet J" you posted because you are still SORELY missing: sub surface Scattering. You have eyes that have an obvious painted on highlight You have 1990's era transmapped hair with no stray strands and that is clearly intersecting her ear and I doubt that was rendered in a properly used PBR with an IBL light source.

All this Nerdy Mcnerd technobabble about HD morphs mean Nothing as Long as people keep ignoring the items I just mentioned in their quest for "realism" or "believability" in poser/Daz.

You lot are so sensitive here. This was a discussion about figures not lighting. I note that you lot are are high on verbosity and very low on actual examples. If you can do better then lets see it - show us all. Talk is cheap.

And for the record it WAS done in a PBR with SSS. The "obvious painted on highlight" your 'trained eye' has spotted is a reflection of a mesh light. So now come on SHOW ME WHAT YOU CAN DO !!!!