Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: New competition figure Sneak previews - SM

Razor42 opened this issue on Nov 03, 2015 ยท 240 posts

Zev0 posted Mon, 09 November 2015 at 1:41 PM

figures can be redistributed the idea is that any problems will be fixed by the community and given out as freebies or as saleable content for those that either don't want to do the work or can't, in some ways it makes sense, let those who can do good work do it.

This confuses me. How is that any different than what people are currently doing with figures now? Also redistribution of the figure is a holy ^@$! Up because if there is a new revision of the base from somebody else, you will have compatibility issues with content. So I doubt it will be any different to how Daz allows you to make content for their figures. Only difference I see is that the base texture on the new SM figures is a MR. Just because Daz does not market their base figures as MR's doesn't mean they aren't. I mean we all make content and freebies for it. SM are playing word games as a marketing tactic in my opinion. If they are indeed allowing you to modify and redistribute the base, then that is another fail, you will end up with so many versions of the figure that will lose compatibility with content. So I do not see how that makes any sense to be honest.

My Renderosity Store