Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Daz Studio 4.9 Big Changes Incoming!!

ghosty12 opened this issue on Oct 28, 2015 ยท 502 posts

Male_M3dia posted Sun, 01 November 2015 at 6:56 PM

WandW posted at 7:45PM Sun, 01 November 2015 - #4236392

Razor42 posted at 7:26PM Sun, 01 November 2015 - #4236381

Again, this is just not true, Investors don't run companies unless ,individually, they hold a majority of the companys equity. Companies are ran by a managements team and report to their investors.

That's quibbling; the stakeholders collectively own the company, and the board is chosen by the investors. They then hire the managers

I bear no malice towards DAZ; I'm a long-time PC Member who has used Studio from version 1.8 and continue to use it when it is the best tool for the job at hand.

Your comment actually is the point I was trying to make (in DAZ' defence, if you will) that keeps getting buried in minutae; DAZ is no longer the cozy art company run by Dan and Chris, which it really was when I first got into it; it is a business now run purely for the bottom line, as their investors are in it to sell high at some point, so people shouldn't feel puzzled or betrayed when they don't act like the"'Old DAZ"; it's just business...

And your statement is very incorrect. Look at the tech and the figures available now comparied to theose "old daz" days. Genesis 3, Iray integration, content tools that are available for free and work a lot better than some paid for solutions. You can't say "DAZ Soon" anymore with all the content that comes out these days. If they were so concerned about the bottom line, they would just give you minimum tech and moderate bug fixes and charge you $200 for an upgrade every two years.

Also I can also tell you that you don't know what you're talking about as far as them not being a cozy company. I've been invited out there and visited with the staff (besides getting my eat and drink on ;) )... from the way their office is laid out and the way they interact allows for collaboration between the staff and get the products that you see popping up in the major storefronts. You don't get the type of innovation from companies if all they're thinking of just dollars and you wouldn't have the morale that I've seen there... which on the downlow is more than there was under the old management.

So you really should stop implying things that you know nothing of, seriously. It has nothing to do with the topic at hand.