Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Daz Studio 4.9 Big Changes Incoming!!

ghosty12 opened this issue on Oct 28, 2015 ยท 502 posts

maxgrafix posted Sun, 01 November 2015 at 2:33 PM

Razor42 posted at 8:15PM Sun, 01 November 2015 - #4236078

"Regarding DRM. It's been tried, tested and has failed where music and video content is concerned so I can't see it working for DAZ. I'll give it a week or two before the hackers and crackers reverse engineer the files and post them online."

Really? well it should be no issue to name a movie or music or game online supplier that uses no form of DRM then right?

I never stated that DRM isn't used, just that it's been a failure because it's been broken and removed from content. Not just by crackers but by everyday users. But don't just take my word for it, a simple internet search is all you have to do.

How long would it take the Hackers and crackers to get onto your system if they wanted? Do you take any precautions on your own system or posessions to make it more difficult for theft if it was attempted.

You speak as if I was born yesterday. You don't know me or my abilities where PC hardware / software is concerned so why speculate? And we aren't talking about hacking a website server to steal content, we're takling about DRM protected software that is downloaded

Why should Daz3D not do the same. If reasonable measure can be taken to make theft more difficult why should they not be taken?

I didn't say they shouldn't do the same, did I? I stated I think it's a waste of time as it's already been removed from legally obtained music and movies. So if it can be removed from music and movies it can be removed from DAZ content, can't it?