Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Daz Studio 4.9 Big Changes Incoming!!

ghosty12 opened this issue on Oct 28, 2015 ยท 502 posts

Khory_D posted Fri, 30 October 2015 at 11:49 AM

HassenBenSobar posted at 11:36AM Fri, 30 October 2015 - #4235949

So I dont like the new strategy that DAZ is using, honestly, I dont want to pick another argument because ive had enough of it. Since August ive been bickering with Renderosity about the new format and prime. Now this happens over at DAZ it seems like it starts all over again. Whether or not DAZ's intentions are innocent only seem to be part of the problem. Im sure all that DAZ wants to do is sell content. Today, the issue really is how someone else with dishonest intentions is going to use your bandwidth. We learned about that here at Renderosity and Hivewire when our cards were hacked. Weve learned about how user accounts on Steam are being hacked. DAZ is entering the DRM fray late and im sure that there are many hackers who are going to go to town and the new encryption. Does DAZ have the resources to commit a full time team protect its encryption? How will this impact the overall goal of improving the render capabilities? Im convinced that the hacker community is purposely targeting the new and shiny while leaving all the old tech in the past, although I have no real evidence to back that up. Thats part of the reason why I dont want to move from the .zip. Anyhow, I was so upset at Rendo that I made no purchases since August and all of a sudden, im back... What can you do?

It isn't about hackers though is it. It is about thieves who want to make an easy buck by "giving away" stolen content and making money off ad views or subscription services to access those "free" products. Those are people who want easy money not money that takes effort. And if hackers have to waste time that they could be spending trying to make big money hits on little piddling files for "free" "share" sites so be it.

As far as the overall impact on render capabilities.. Do you mean the upgrades added to 3dl and Iray in the new build? There were some speed increases and bug fixes.

I do know that the new version makes smart content easier to work with. I've been resistant to it (old dog/new tricks) in the past but really quite like it now. It is so much more visual and appealing. Plus the info pane has been beefed up and is quite handy.

www.Calida3d.com
Daz studio and Poser content creators