Forum: Blender

Subject: Andrew Price's UI proposal

wolf359 opened this issue on Jul 27, 2015 · 32 posts

Lobo3433 posted Sun, 02 August 2015 at 5:02 PM Forum Moderator

Thank you davidstoolie I think you hit the nail on the head. I had similar experience with Blender when i first came to it. Had seen and read many tutorials and could not complete one tutorial or another because the quality of the person who did the tutorial. I think my first completed model was based on one of Andrews tutorials for making tunnel it took me more than 2 weeks to complete it but once I did was pleased enough to upload the image for it here at Renderosity. I applaud LuxXeon effort and and very grateful that he has taken the time to contribute a series of tutorials that he has done in 3DsMax and then converted the workflow to Blender. I do not know how easy or difficult it is for him to do so. Maybe it is his experience that he just knows which tools perform the similar functions from one application to another. Point being yes the UI can use more improvements and be more user friendly but learning how to use the application should not be based on just the UI but what your willing to put into learning the software. I am no Blender expert nor Blender Evangelists I am fortunate if someone considers me an educated novice with enough knowledge that I can help out a user when they are in need. I enjoy a good and challenging discussion thread like this one has become so far but for those who might be following this thread who are still on the edge of considering to learn Blender do not let the wishes of many about the UI deter you from taking a chance to learn how to use Blender for it does have amazing capabilities. 

Lobo3433

Blender Maya & 3D Forum Moderator 

Renderosity Store

My Free Stuff

Facebook

Twitter

Renderosity Blender 3D Facebook Page