Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser 11 Sneak Peek

nerd opened this issue on Jul 13, 2015 ยท 554 posts

-Timberwolf- posted Tue, 14 July 2015 at 5:30 AM

Sorry but I'm not at all impressed! Quite the contrary! Very disappointed as we are not rendering 90% glass (although I've seen similar and better with previous versions of poser i.e. Exnem's Glass promos here in RMP) but mostly people! Is this GND Anastasia with that HORRIBLE skin? I own her and Blackhearted's skin is fantastic and so are his renders, how on earth have you managed to make it look so dull and indifferent? It's the glass ball that we care about or the people mostly?

So no GPU support (most essential in our days to sell a 3D app that even free programs offer nowadays), baked highlights in hair since kozaburo's days (seriously?) but a glass ball to be impressed!

Sorry but I'll pass by! It's clear to me now that Poser doesn't even bother to check competition and stand up to it! Maybe the time has come to jump ship after 15 whole dedicated years!

Why on earth don't you check around and try to bring the greatest program ever to second best choice and doomed to be wiped out? None has a marketing degree? :(

Sorry if I sound very harsh but somebody with a long experience who absolutely adores and is in love with Poser, uses it 100% for 15 years and never even tried anything else as she HATES the competition app from day one.. needs to tell you the absolute truth rather than exclaim in satisfaction with a couple of renders that I've seen better by many vendors in previous Poser versions! Open your eyes and look at the other side before posting this sort of mediocre renders.. as you lose dedicated customers rather than win more on your side! :(

Honest criticism is what you should be after since in beta stage, right? - not someone to caress your ears!

Puuuh, that is harsh, but I was thinking similar. If that were just renders, I'd say, they look okay, But for PBR- renders, I am quite disapointed. The glas looks good, but the rest is meh. I kept thinking, it is a very early stage, so I'd better keep my mouth shut and wait for later previews. I'd just go with that: Let's wait and see, what's going to come. I don't expect to have a new Poser before mid 2016, so there is time for development. At least I see where SM wants to go. Let us not bash them to early ;)