Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Conforming clothes and hair animation

VirtualWorldDynamics opened this issue on Jun 14, 2015 ยท 787 posts

VirtualWorldDynamics posted Wed, 08 July 2015 at 3:13 PM

@ NanetteTredoux : The clothes and hair are welded, but this does not solve the problem of completely separate elements. This is why the program performs a stiffening by neighborhood and not a stiffening by extension in the mesh structure. This solution allows to weld objects between them. It may be, however, that the cloth goes over an element (a button or a belt), in this case the program allow to select an element (all the vertices which are connected) and apply a local stiffening which will prevent the mesh deform locally and therefore to prohibit the clot to go over the button, for example.
The double layers problem is harder to solve. For some clothes, the problem does not even arise, everything works fine. For others, if the spacing between the layers is greater than the value of self collision that must not drop below 0.5, the problem can be solved well. If the distance is less, it is possible to prevent the inner layer to interact with the collision object, it can work but not necessarily. It is also possible to make a local stiffening (only on layers or some vertices of the layers), it works but tends to stiffen the fabric. One latter solution which is not automatic currently is to separate the two layers and make two different simulations, the inner layer first and then it becomes a collision object in the second simulation. There is still work in this area.

@Biscuits : Your proposal for a double-layer garment with buttons interests me because I could do a test in relation to a specific need.

@Morkonan : When I told you that your message was long, it was not a criticism, quite the contrary. Personally, when I start a technical explanation, the time may sometimes change its scale.

@Everyone : I started to do a simulation with one of these animations that I spoke to you last time called "Exotic eastern dance". Could someone tell me if it is possible to use these simulations (which require corrections) freely? Thank you in advance.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube