Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Project E

vampchild opened this issue on Apr 08, 2014 ยท 337 posts

AmbientShade posted Tue, 30 June 2015 at 6:20 AM

Well from what I have seen so far I would be more than happy to jump on the PE train, even if she was marketed at Genesis 3 level prices.

thanks for the vote of confidence hornet. Although this is not set in stone, like DAZ I might make her base free with the essentials so that people can get an idea, and then provide more detailed morphs on the side for a price (don't worry I won't milk your finances dry haha). The idea is that she's compatible with V4 at least. No idea if I can achieve that for G2 and G3

The problem with making her compatible with V4 is that it requires DAZ's written permission to use V4's rig. Without their permission you will be violating DAZ's EULA because you are using a part of V4 (her rig) to create a competing figure. The only time V4's rig can be used is when creating add-on content for V4. It's not difficult to make your own rig. Why go to all the trouble of building a completely new figure and risk being shut down by DAZ for using their proprietary content in your figure? The same is true with the UV maps as far as I'm aware.

This was tried some years ago with another figure, and was quickly shut down.

Not trying to cause any drama here, just attempting to save you some headaches. A new figure has to be entirely its own or be in agreement with the owners of the content it's borrowing pieces from.