Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: any news from Nerd, what direction PP15?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Jun 03, 2015 · 355 posts

Razor42 posted Sat, 27 June 2015 at 7:35 PM

@Razor42 "This is just not true Daz3d generate revenue primarily through selling content, why did they waste money developing DSON import tools for Poser users?"

Just because they measured the wrong  ,when they put genesis only for DS in the market at the first, the power of Poser software in their buyers. I think they thought, well we put DS with this new figure ( that it is a truly great "figure" ) in the market, and almost every poser user , who use V4 in Poser, would run to their arms and in the DS arms.
It was not the case, and of course they notice it in their sales, so, instead of creating a new Poser figure with WM, that in my opinion  it had been the best solution, they insisted to continuetheir strategy and take a measure (DSON) to keep their "Poser" buyers more or less without take down their way.But everybody who has used DSON knows  that DSON is not a solution.

I still can't quite get your logic here. Why would a company who sells petrol/ gas care what kind of car you put it in? Oh except for the total world domination theory that some seem to be able to detect from daz. Albeit with nothing but intuition. Even if your logic was sound, in the context you have stated what does it mean now that daz3d have dropped poser support for genesis 3? Seems the concerns you implied that forced them to create the dson importers no longer exist? So again it seems sm business strategy to directly opose daz seems to be failing them.