Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: any news from Nerd, what direction PP15?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Jun 03, 2015 · 355 posts

ssgbryan posted Sat, 27 June 2015 at 9:45 AM

My prediction (and it is stronger now than it has ever been), is that DAZ might be working towards a locked-in content system.  I think the content manager and all that crap is basically the foundation of such a system.  All DAZ have to do in the future is release a new version of DAZ Studio that cannot load externally purchased content, only content on your DAZ account that was purchased from DAZ.  They have the perfect recipe for it now.  A figure that everyone is drooling over, and program that cannot be changed, which can be yours for free.  If DAZ decided to implement such a thing, that would be the end of stores such as this one, cause just as Apple make sure that all apps are purchased from them, DAZ could design a system where all content must be purchased form DAZ.  Assuming there's someone at SM with the sense to see these things, you won't be seeing Genesis support in Poser.  If Genesis support comes to Poser is simply means that someone over there who is not worthy, is getting paid far too much money for nothing.  I have the perfect, easily implemented solution to this, but without pay, they'll never find out what it is.

Have fun, but above all ...
THINK!

Pumeco,  a locked in content system WAS the original plan.  It is amazing how much stuff has gone down the memory hole and how much information you can find in DAZ's documentation.  Why do you think they went with the DSON file specification?  It was all spelled out.  Everyone seems to have forgotten about the web based version of DS4.  BTW, you can still see demos of it on UTube if you dig around for it.
The original plan was that the content that you purchased at DAZ would reside on servers in Utah, and it would be pushed to your computer for your use - and deleted after you were done. This was DAZ's method of dealing with the casual piracy issue. 
Needless to say, that went over like a popcorn fart in church and DAZ wisely dropped the idea.