Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: any news from Nerd, what direction PP15?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Jun 03, 2015 ยท 355 posts

Meshbox posted Sat, 27 June 2015 at 1:18 AM

It is pointless to ask SM to support Genesis. All the parts of a Poser figure are simply the elements that make up its "document" system, just like any other type of software. If DAZ wants to make a figure that's equally compatible with DS and Poser, they can do it. It is not reasonable to tell a company to support a lot of new file types that are introduced solely to drive business to their competitor.

I don't like being pulled between two companies either - it is very frustrating. The figures I do create, I make sure they work on both. We test all our "Poser" products now in DS, and all our Toon People characters work in both. They don't use a lot of fancy new features, except when its negligible to support them and doesn't hurt compatibility. What I will say is this - the team at SM (and previous owners) has always asked for a very reasonable % of my sales when selling through them, and haven't made me jump through a lot of hoops. As a content creator, I get the same respect Id expect if I were selling a software title through them. Im not dissing the other side; Im just saying when compared with what I have experienced outside of our little niche market, its been good. And I tend to turn in the direction where I don't feel manhandled.

Best regards,

chikako
Meshbox Design | 3D Models You Want