Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Project E

vampchild opened this issue on Apr 08, 2014 · 337 posts

pizzone posted Thu, 25 June 2015 at 2:17 PM

WARNING: What follows is just MY PERSONAL OPINION and is not intended to influence anybody else's mind.

No doubt about it: "Lali Bits" have been, by far and large, the greatest event in the history of V4 since her inception by DAZ; and, considering how much the fourth version of Victoria meant, and is still meaning,in the Poser-related universe it's been really something. What erogenesis achieved from his secret hideout in South Africa is simply stunning; this guy succeded in solving what, after years of goodwilled efforts by many other talented artists, had begun a sort of HolyGrail (no disrespect intended) of the Poserverse: how to make Vicky 4 really "whole". Whoever tried to accomplish the task - no matter if a professional or a simply not too skilled amateur like myself - knows the unbelievable amount of obstacles and difficulties he had to overcome: the combination of a (relative) low-poly count (which oddly V3 had not) and a really "nasty" joint configurations - to point-out just the most obvious of the difficulties - around V4's femininity made the quest a kind of 3D nightmare. After many years end users and content creators alike had lost all hopes and then... Lali Bits appeared like a blazing rainbow and literally gave V4 a deserved 4th dimension (let's call it that way)! Not only erogenesis addressed the question of "the elephant in the living room" (I really felt for him when he, in a really polite way, attempted to address the "4th dimension" question in a thread about a new female figure for Poser, some time ago, and received a lot of harsh replies here on Rendo Forum...), but he did so in such an elegant and brilliant manner that - in my opinion, again - everyone in the Poserverse should be thankful. It opened an entire new universe of possibilities for V4, and in the end that's the most important thing: it doesn't restricts only to nude/erotic playfulness (actually that's a big part of being "human"; still you have every right to consider it forbidden, sinful, distasteful, etc. or simply not feeling at ease with representations of such anatomy/activity): the V4 in your runtime could even never appear undressed or indulge in intimacy, she should all the same be gifted of Lali bits, just for the possibilities it represents. It's really a big difference between not doing something because you're "materially" unabled to do it and not doing something because you choose not to do it, but still having the chance to do it... Just if.. Hypothetical possibility fosters imagination and imagination is still one of the best ways - as odd as it at first could appear - to copy with reality, especially when it's an hard one. Virtuality as well is a more positive concept than it's generally considered. But it looks like I went ahead of myself and, after all, everything I wanted to do was to give the deserved praise to the guy who succeded to expand and enrich the - sometimes too narrowminded - Poser related Universe. And, of course, I can't wait to see what an unbelievable mega-sensation the fabled "Project E" will be!! Considering all the fuss actually going on about V7 (maybe I'm just a naive simpleton, but I can't believe people is bloodily fighting about wich 3D program is better than the other...) everybody can cool down: already Lalified V4 had easily the upper hand on G1 & G2 females; Project E will be miles further up (like a "V10" or something, if you're in the "mine is bigger than yours" sort of things).