Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Conforming clothes and hair animation

VirtualWorldDynamics opened this issue on Jun 14, 2015 ยท 787 posts

VirtualWorldDynamics posted Wed, 17 June 2015 at 3:54 PM

Hello,

I will try to answer to all the questions:

For me VWDCloth&Hair is not a plugin but a program because the relation with poser is historical but not necessary, I like Poser and it was easy to program interface relation with Poser in Python and easy to import animation in .DYN format to use them in the cloth room.(it's my only relation with the Cloth room). I will make a video which shows that the Cloth room generates some problems who are easy to correct.

I regularly write scripts for 3D Studio Max and could export the animations in PC2 format if necessary .... or others.

The program works with all versions of Poser. Personally, I use Poser9 and I think VWD can work in Poser6 and up. (Without Magic number problem!!). It works with Poser Pro. The program installation can be made everywhere. Personally, I install the files in a "C:VWD" directory.

@wolf359 : Currently, I don't have relation with Smith Micro. The program development has been made using a Poser7 Python scripting Manuel. The functions I use in Poser was present at the beginning of the Python implementation. There is no reason for my program to stop its updates.

The program can work with dynamic Clothes. I will make a video that shows the calculation speed using this kind of clothes.

Nevertheless, the program don't work with strandbased hair but if these hair can be imported as mesh, there is no problem. I will make a video showing 2 methods to animate the same hair.

@Biscuits : you can send me some of your works if you want but i hope you will be able to test your clothes yourself the next week. The demo program will not allow to save the results of your simulations, but you will be able to see the result in a video generated during the simulation. This video could be played at realtime to see the quality of the simulation.

Thank you for your French replies, I hope the reason is not my bad English. ;-))

I regularly write about my videos. These videos will be demonstration videos (in French... sorry !!). I promise to add subtitles as quickly as possible.

@RobynsVeil : You are right, my date was not precise enough, I hope to finalize the program before September. The program accepts all meshes using the .OBJ format. By experience, it is difficult to simulate clothes and hair which exceed 100.000 vertices. When I say I want to protect the program against reverse engineering, I want to say I want to avoid the copy of my new simulation methods.

Don't hesitate to write new replies if my response are not in agreement with your question.

Thank you.

Follow me on Twitter : @VWDynamics

Watch demo videos on Youtube