Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: any news from Nerd, what direction PP15?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Jun 03, 2015 ยท 355 posts

false1 posted Fri, 12 June 2015 at 8:40 AM

Some one please correct me if I'm wrong. My understanding is that Genesis is a proprietary format. If SM had changed it's software to work with natively with Genesis it would have changed Poser's business model from a software that reads Poser compatible figures to a software that reads Daz compatible figures. Poser requires Daz rather than Daz requiring Poser. Didn't Microsoft essentially pull that switch on IBM with Windows? I remember when software was IBM compatible, now it's Windows compatible. I believe there was a sound business rationale for SM's decision.

That said, I can't see where SM has made any significant moves to counter the changing reality regarding content. I believe I've even seen Daz props requiring DSON. I won't speak gloom and doom for Poser because what the heck do I know. I WILL say that the natural evolution in quality and creativity provided by Daz and other third party product vendors is increasing aimed at Daz and Genesis. I feel compelled to give Studio a good hard look to see what it has to offer. I think others, especially new users, will feel the same.

My DeviantArt Gallery

My Website