Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: any news from Nerd, what direction PP15?

MistyLaraCarrara opened this issue on Jun 03, 2015 · 355 posts

jura11 posted Sun, 07 June 2015 at 5:38 PM

I agree with metaballs and particle effects,but on Particle Effects snarlygribbly(creator of EZSkin and other plugins) has created new plugin which is now in beta testing and you can contact snarlygribbly over on RDNA about this "Beta test" But at first those creators or vendors of those figures,you want better bending must create figure which will bend better(you can have look on several figures which does bend better,but still they have lots of flaws),I do want from figure to bend better,but sometimes this is only wishful thinking 

Better hair or better clothing,this is down to vendors too,but for Poser native figures I do want to have better figures,clothing,hair etc.,but again I would rather prefer if SM or Poser creators started to look on other render engine and better light setup,on Render engine,out are several good free render engines which can be used with Poser Pro and for render preview I do want from Poser pro to support Direct X preview not old OpenGL or at least make,we support Multicore or support GPU and will not crawl to stop when you add there 4 figures and few big props and on light I would want from SM to start have look on mesh lights and abandon those old lights,yes we can use those lights with conjunction with mesh lights

Thanks,Jura 

DirectX is Windows only, so don't hold your breathe waiting on it to arrive.  SM does need to work on memory optimization IMO.

Yes agree DirectX is only Windows and due this I'm not holding my breath on this,because MacOSX owners will be screwed as they will be must using OGL and Windows users can choose DirectX or OGL,which can be pitty on long run  DirectX 12 is around corner which can bring exciting things and same can be said about the Vulkan which should be great too.

Memory optimization,I've just compared my old scene which I've created in Poser pro 2012,this same scene in task manger have or take from memory around 875MB,in Poser pro 2014 this same scene takes around 1.3GB and difference in viewport,viewport in PP2014 is bit slow and in PP2012 is bit faster

Thanks,Jura