Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Poser women's legs

Dasilva opened this issue on May 27, 2015 · 94 posts

shvrdavid posted Sun, 31 May 2015 at 8:14 PM

WandW, Latexluv...

The  lighting is fairly simple actually, but goes against what most people will tell you is the "proper way" to do it...

The proper way, makes artifacts......

The scene is fairly simple, BBs IDL sphere with an image on it that is a dusk/sunrise scene, Bright spot is to the direction the character is looking so it reflects on the table.

Office Room freebie with 2 walls. 

Scene Ambient Occl.Options set to too 10, 0.01, 10 with eval in light checked. Each light is set to 2 for AO value.

Infinite light outside of the room pointing in thru window that is to the left. 100%, white, Diffuse, 170,170,170, Specular 222,222,222 Shadow 0.5 Raytraced, 10 blur

Point light to the right set up about the same with Inverse Square turned on. You can move it to and from the character to change the lighting...

Render Settings are rather high. 

file_fa7cdfad1a5aaf8370ebeda47a1ff1c3.jp

Note, I almost always use Progressive Render now, and for a final render you will need 10 to 12 pixel samples min. If it is still grainy at 8-10 re evaluate your lighting.

Adjust for you cpu core count as well. You dont want to do 24 if you only have 4.....

The walls are are nothing special shader wise. Cloud node on diffuse. Noise bump with cloud plugged into x on noise.,

Floor is just a wood diffuse, used as slight bump, and a reflect node.

Shaders on figure are a mod of Ezskin sweaty, depending on your texture set you may have to play with the saturation setting. I have it at .9 with this set. The main mod is to make it self illuminating. Plug output of shader into ambient, and work your way up on the value setting to keep shaded areas from red'ng out. Think I have it set to 1.3, but this is a dark texture on purpose. Lighter sets will be far less to get rid of the red out.

Hope this helps, it is not the norm, violates what every says you should do, but it works.

Sometimes I turn the IDL bounces up even higher as well.

Some things are easy to explain, other things are not........ <- Store ->   <-Freebies->