Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Scarlet - Is it time to jump the V4 ship?

hornet3d opened this issue on May 16, 2015 · 532 posts

creativeguy59 posted Mon, 18 May 2015 at 11:55 AM

People who knock Roxie or doubt what a good figure she is, should stop playing with Vickies for a while and visit this guy's gallery:
Click Here for some really nice Roxies.

Fact is, Roxie is right, you're a "bunch of dumbasses" that are so far up Vickie's arse, you haven't even noticed what a cool figure entered the Runtime and is staring you right in the face!  You're too busy arguing about Genesis that is made by a competing company.  Meantime, poor Roxie is having to kill-off Vickies just because the "Poser" users still think they need "DAZ" figures!  So here's a challenge for you all, get off your asses and load-up a Roxie, and instead of mocking perfectly fine Poser figures, try supporting the figure that is part of the Runtime of your program of choice.

She's been trying to get this through to you all for almost two years now.
Don't forget to CLICK that gallery!

Figures are much like 3d software folks use, or 3d render engines they prefer. Tis one of those goldilocks points that each person has when it comes to such things. She's to ugly, her shoulders are to big, she is just right, blah blah blah. To use a real world analogy, your driving down the road at 55, the speed limit is 50, some guy passes you at 60, to fast, someone is going 50, to slow. :) Same goes for this stuff, you find a figure that works for you and love it... others don't cause of this or that... folks like Roxie run with it. Don't like Roxie then that is fine to ... I personally worked with Roxie a bit didn't find her to my taste or usable for my purposes. I'll revisit it her again I am sure as I do that periodically... I use just about every figure eventually or in some manner and work with them... but I'm an odd ball I don't really get fully wedded to anything.... I just use what is required for a project. In the end I'm fairly objective about figure usage, seen great stuff in about every figure that I've played with, and seen not so great stuff. Folks just have to accept folks don't have the same preferences and also see both the good and bad about a figure... but tis human nature to accentuate the negative or the positive depending upon the case and lose track of the other side.