Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Scarlet - Is it time to jump the V4 ship?

hornet3d opened this issue on May 16, 2015 ยท 532 posts

moriador posted Mon, 18 May 2015 at 9:49 AM

I don't think this thread has been particularly hostile. People have a right to critique a figure or product they paid good money for, and if those critiques are angry then there's a reason for that.

The hostility in the community overall is something that's been frustrating to me for quite a while now, but I can't do anything about it because the PTB won't let me. So as long as people aren't killing each other, this is pretty much the way it is. It's also a big reason why most content artists/vendors avoid the forums these days.

Constructive criticism is always better than outright bashing for the sake of bashing. I don't think I've spotted any direct attacks on Sixus1's character as a person. Negative reviews are part of the game and require a thick skin. Having people tell you it's good when it's really not, just to spare your feelings doesn't help you or anybody else. If you (and I mean you in general here - not anyone in particular), can't handle your work being called crap when it's crap then you need to find a different job, and any studio will tell you that. And I'm not saying Scarlet is crap - I haven't touched her. I don't think she is, she just has some issues. There are other figures out there that really are crap. Some of them exist in everyone's Poser runtime.

Well, Valandar insinuates that I'm lying -- though why I'd do that, he doesn't say. I guess I'm just basically a dishonest person or something. LOL. But, you know, insinuations... surely "he didn't mean it that way", right? However, I do take issue with the "release a piece of shit" and "ripping people off" statement by shvrdavid. To accuse someone of ripping people off is a direct attack on that vendor's character. And "piece of shit" is outright hostile language. If those things are acceptable -- and the former is actually legal grounds for a defamation suit -- then just about anything is.

Edit: When you insult someone in the forums, you may hurt their feelings. When you bash a vendor, you're hurting his feelings and his livelihood. If he has a lawyer, he could get the forum shut down.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.