Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Scarlet - Is it time to jump the V4 ship?

hornet3d opened this issue on May 16, 2015 · 532 posts

NanetteTredoux posted Mon, 18 May 2015 at 9:35 AM

I want to use Scarlet. I paid for her, and I have spent the better part of two days trying to make content for her. I don't only want to use her, I want to support her with free content. I wanted her to be "Poser as it was meant to be". I want the clothing to "just work". I would have bought clothing with the figure, but the clothes included in the release bundle won't be useful to me, so I have to make some. I also want the clothing I make to "just work." The promotional text says that she is creator-supported, and there are lots of add-on items ready to be released, and these will be fed into the store over the next few weeks. Before I purchase any of that, I want to see if the creator support extends to addressing the issues with the base figure that have been raised here. Possibly more issues will be raised. 

I found issues with the join between the hand and forearm that show up in pre-made poses that come with the figure, and that definitely show up in renders. They were immediately obvious to me. The promotional text and videos emphasise how much care and testing went into the figure. It doesn't add up.

I was also a little "gushy" when I had just bought her, but one has to be realistic. Even a freebie maker doesn't want to waste her time on making content for a figure that is not going to be used. There needs to be some positive energy around a figure, some enthusiasm, some give and take, others making free items as well, generating the goodwill that makes one want to create free content. 

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch