Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Scarlet - Is it time to jump the V4 ship?

hornet3d opened this issue on May 16, 2015 · 532 posts

creativeguy59 posted Mon, 18 May 2015 at 7:44 AM

I don't read the forums or forums in general as they generally tend to go the same way... this one in particular. I did buy Scarlet I don't think it is the most perfecty figure of all time, nor do I think it will replace my V4, yet. I see potential in it and as in the early days of Dawn I took a leap that the developer in question who I do have respect for... will improve or correct problems people bring up. 

I test software for a living and I understand the challenges on a professional level that goes into QC. To be frank most folks that beta test or QC in general and haven't for years... or do it as volunteers and not professionally... are not QC experts. Takes a certain mindset and one that isn't actually entirely that common. :) So I am not surprised stuff got through a QC process.

That all being said, there is a difference between constructive criticism and destructive criticism. Using bold text, large worlds, combative language, etc... is the dark side of the force ;) Are folks entitled to opinions? Hell yes! As a person that gets in trouble for being honest... well I hear ya. But folks have a tendency to believe they are also entitled to be downright mean and call it opinion or valid criticism. No way, no how.  It is easier to tear someone down than it is to support as well as advise them of issues in a professional manner. 

Every figure I've seen thus far has had issues or has issues. The question that remains for me is what the developer will do, Scarlet has been out all of a couple of days, I recall when Dawn came out I heard all kinds of stuff around the same... heard it on about every figure in recent memory. Folks have mentioned the pricing well I still see many figures gen, gen2, etc that came out at similar pricings and others as well. I'm not concerned on the pricing bit all that much yet. 

I see potential with Scarlet as she sits as v1.0, she needs work, but I'm willing to be patient and see how things unfold before I have a final verdict. I await to see if sixus will fix the issues or not, the content that comes out, and where things evolve... cause I think long term not short term. I do believe we need a replacement that is V4 or better equivalent that is natively workable in Poser... is this it? Don't know to early to tell... 

My two cents, nuttin wrong with opinions, it is how you present them that is the problem I see here and forums, most people (note I say most not all ;) ) I don't think would act this way if the person was sitting in front of them and say things in this manner. The net gives you a anonymous face that you don't connect to the text, your guard is down, you are a different person than you would be in a family, friend, public, work... setting.... so it is easy to get into this sort of bad habits of destructive criticism.

Just my -2.5 cents... Use Scarlet, don't use Scarlet, love her, don't love her... but at least be a bit more constructive and less destructive in feedback, think of the children! ;)