Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Scarlet - Is it time to jump the V4 ship?

hornet3d opened this issue on May 16, 2015 ยท 532 posts

moriador posted Mon, 18 May 2015 at 7:33 AM

I am shocked by this thread.

I'm all for constructive feedback that's the only way to improve, because when you sit on a project so long you are going to loose your fresh look and miss things.

I'm very lucky to have my very critical and experienced beta tester and am very grateful for his input even though he tends to give me a lot of extra work. But it makes the project much better.

But I do feel in this thread that the way how feedback is presented is heartbreaking.

Creators have feelings too! Try to add solutions or tips to your critique, try to help the creator out.

Hopefully figure creators aren't demotivated and given up to try after this thread.

Cause we need poser characters who can inspire artists to make beautiful renders.

Unfortunately from my views of the promos, Scarlet isn't the one who inspires me personally,

so no not gonna jump the V4 ship just yet.

But I'm ready to be inspired...

I should render Scarlet in some of your absolutely gorgeous dynamic clothing -- though I agree with others that she doesn't look ready to be supported by third parties at this point. However, I also don't think the tone of this thread is going to encourage Scarlet's creator to fix those issues. And we wonder why so many figures are created and then quickly abandoned, despite all the good intentions of their creators. Well, if anyone wants to know, this is why. "Heartbreaking" is the right word. And if I were Sixus1, I wouldn't even know how to respond to this thread. For the sake of my mental health, I'd have to avoid reading the forums altogether. To say that the mesh has problems and demonstrate what you mean -- reasonable and helpful. To point out rigging issues -- perfectly legitimate. To say, "This figure is a piece of crap" -- that is bashing, plain and simple. And there's no excuse for it. In this community, it takes less than a day to go from reasonable to vile. If anything, anything were to persuade me to wave goodbye to Poser forever it would be this. Not the software features, not the figures, not the content, not the phone home activation in Game Dev, not the price, not the vendors -- but the community. I just don't want to be a part of it anymore.

And I expect I am far from alone in this feeling.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.