Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Scarlet - Is it time to jump the V4 ship?

hornet3d opened this issue on May 16, 2015 ยท 532 posts

moriador posted Sun, 17 May 2015 at 7:01 PM

Who cares why they default, it is wrong in the cr2. You build for the program, and don't make excuses after the fact.

Sure. But why are we picking on one vendor? Should we make a list of the 4000 others whose products -- even recent products -- aren't GC compliant? I don't see anyone else being fingered today? Why not, if it's such a big deal?

Your here, but you are not. The gamma thing would have been easily fixed by any user. Making a symmetrical wire frame is not as easy. Neither is the rigging, jcms, etc. It is just one of many issues that I would not have expected from a vendor. Guess I was wrong an should expect more of the same.

The character should be pulled from the store until it is actually functional on a level that even the free ones are.

I agree. The GC issue is minor, which is why I posted about it. I buy a lot of content and scenefixer gets used on ALL of it. The only reason I noticed the artifacts at all is that, like you, I assumed the creator would have updated shaders. So I didn't run it through scenefixer before my first render. But I wasn't at all surprised that he didn't, since very few actually do. Perhaps I have lower expectations precisely BECAUSE I buy a lot of content. :) About the wireframe -- indeed. In fact, it sounds as though it's actually rather challenging to make it symmetrical. Obviously for some that's a deal breaker in itself. And I don't think that's unreasonable, even if the newest Poser figures themselves also aren't symmetrical; though I do find it a little unfair to hold an independent vendor to a higher standard in this regard than the software manufacturer itself. People criticized Roxie's rigging as well, but I don't remember this level of anger. No one demanded that she be removed from Poser's content library. And while we did not pay for her separately from the software itself, we certainly did pay for her.

PoserPro 2014, PS CS5.5 Ext, Nikon D300. Win 8, i7-4770 @ 3.4 GHz, AMD Radeon 8570, 12 GB RAM.