Forum: 3D Modeling

Subject: Freebie Preview - Realistic Folding Chair

LuxXeon opened this issue on Mar 26, 2015 · 7 posts

LuxXeon posted Thu, 26 March 2015 at 6:29 PM

Looks good to me, only thing I would suggest is to have a few worn textures because all the chairs will not ware in the same place. This makes it more realistic when you stack the chairs for example or place them side by side in a row. Hope that's understandable, look forward to using this freebie and thanks in advance.

Thank you.  I may, in fact, have some time to generate a couple variations on the color and glossy/reflection maps before releasing the model.   It shouldn't be very difficult for me to generate two more alternate textures, but I'll see how much time I have tonight.  The downside, obviously, is that the texture maps are heavy and large.  Incorporating several more in the package will increase the download time, and I know people sometimes complain about that, especially if they don't intend to utilize the textures anyway.  I think if people are going to require even more divergence in the texture patterns, then it may be better to use procedural materials in the application of your choice, instead of, or in cooperation with, the maps provided.

My Store
My Free Models
My Video Tutorials
My CG Animations
Instagram: @luxxeon3d
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/luxxeon