Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: PoC : You can create your own Dynamic Clothes

mmogul opened this issue on Apr 07, 2014 · 46 posts

Razor42 posted Thu, 22 May 2014 at 9:45 AM

Man this is a solid rant, to be honest theres a lot here,mainly speculation and opinion but it quite a wall of text all the same.

Quote - There is a difference between some machanical foubals that can be fixed but don't impead the operation of the vehical and a totaled out wreck. Carrara is far from a totaled out wreck. But lets carry on with that anology. You take your car to the machanic, it needs it's 50K mile tune up. You go back to pick up your car, you get the bill, pay it and on the drive home find the car runs worse then when you took it in, the radio and left turn signal dosen't work and the brakes squeck. So you take it back to the machanic and he says sorry we'll call you when we can work on it, then doesn't call you. So you are stuck with the vehical your machanic borked and charged you for then proceeded to avoid their responcability to fix it, at all costs. Even at the loss of sales and long time patrines.

I'd go to a new mechanic... (Your telling my you cant squeeze this ferrari V12 into my model T...)

Quote - to avoid their responcability to fix it, at all costs.

Freudian Slip here maybe?

Quote -  You make it sound like it takes more then one person at DAZ to maintain the store. DAZ is little more the a content broker now, one or two people could keep things running there and the way it looks, that might be all there is at DAZ; full time.

Inaccurate speculation and opinion. Bordering on slander.

Quote -  Yes, they bought out DAZ, fired all the origenal people, and turned DAZ in to nothing more then a content brokerage with a minimal coast of operation, maximising their profit and putting none of it back in the busness. They have been doing it for 3 years.

Sheer opinion and also wrong in what I've personally seen.

Quote - "Lets see put money in the tinker toy sales gimmick or the actual CG app? Hmm, well you know people will forgive bugs and issues in the free one so it doesn't matter how well that one is developed. The people with the actual CG app want it to work right and work as advertised. So lets put our time in on the tinker toy app because it's usesers are more forgiving or our inept development".

This is a moot point, as you said Carrara and Daz Studio have different profit models one being a ticketed price the other being Freemium. Both valid and honest ways of making a profit from a software package. Neither makes the other a tinker toy. Though one is slowly becoming a bit of a dinosaur. ;)

Quote - DAZ puts development money in to carrara; or what's left after they cut their profit margen out of it, based on carrara sales. DAZ puts money in to Studio based on content sales.

I see, sounds like you have eyes on the inside... oh wait, just more speculation.

Quote - Please tell me what is over blown about me expecting the application developer to actually, well, develop the app, or at least fix it. If you listen to DAZ C8.5 was the best selling build of carrara to date; and the BS meter says./. If that is so why hasn't any of that revenu went back in to carrara to fix all the bugs and features DAZ broke in the release?

Site a reference here or just more speculation? Unrealistic expectations may be something you have heard before in the past?

Quote - As I have said, you see all this from the DAZ golden child prospect, you need to climb down from that guilded cage and stand here in the muck with the rest of us in the DAZ family.

Er... no thanks mate. Your not quite the sales man you think you are. Im perfectly happy where I am. And to be honest I can be quite a cynic at times but I dont have anything on you mate. The world is what you make of it, maybe you see muck and I see fertiliser to nourish my veggies :) 

You keep grinding that axe and you'll lose an arm my friend :)