Forum: LightWave

Subject: Playing the fool

AlbertGriffin opened this issue on Jun 11, 2013 · 5 posts

SPACEY posted Tue, 11 June 2013 at 9:36 AM

Yes, unless you shame the populace it's tough to get props over at CGSociety.  You really can't be a beginner over there, unless you are the the timid fingers trough the hair, "I don't know what I'm doing" type.  I don't advise heading over there without teeth.  Very  competitive, though as with youtube, some people seem to have some sort of magical following.  

I'm sure in at least one case someone was trying to help you by offering references.   That is considered encouragement in the newbie world. There is your chance to suck it up and make some new friends by conforming to their superior skill  and knowledge.  It'ss not easy joining the dark side but you'll be much happier when you find that more than a hundred people viewed your post but somehow could'nt respond due to being overwhelmed with respect and/or awe.  Good idea to admit your mistakes ahead of time that  way they will agree with you point blank.  Even badasses know to do that so other badasses will check their work.

Unless you wear a cape and cowl gotta leave that ego at the virtual forum door.  If you're going to be posting over at CGSociety make sure to honestly compare yourstuff with the average user's work.  There's lot of trolling but CGSociety's usually pretty clean.  If you waste people's time though, there's definetetly time enough to score some eggo points off you.  Renderosity forms roch!  Hope your feelings are entact.  Give it another year tho...

Must've slipped my mind...but it's the thought that counts...

http//www.wholebitmedia.com