Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 ยท 8453 posts

Crystan posted Sun, 27 January 2013 at 7:58 AM

Quote - I did a simliar image awhile back. Used a small ball meshlight which gave me all the lighting I needed in the scene and then postworked the actual effect. Would be cool if it could all be done in Lux though. as for the pokethru, only had it happen a couple of times and increasing the collision iterations fixed it

I tried that, but no matter how crazy I went with the collision iterations it would still render the same way in Lux. It got to the point where it was taking literally 5 minutes to calculate before I gave up trying. The problem is that it shows just fine in Daz Studio, so I have no visual reference to go by to say that it will work in Lux. I have to keep exporting after playing with settings to try and fix it. Since the majority of stuff I do is with Genesis at the moment which uses smoothing liberally, it's quite the conundrum.

Still if there's nothing that can be done, however frustrating it might be, then there's no point in crying over it. I appreciate the update though. Guess I'll just have to be extra careful which outfits I use with Reality for the time being. At least until Daz fix the issue.