Forum: DAZ|Studio

Subject: Reality Render thread. A new beginning.

Pret-a-3D opened this issue on May 14, 2012 ยท 8453 posts

Crystan posted Sat, 26 January 2013 at 5:54 AM

Maybe someone here can help me work out a solution to my Luxrender woes. A trend for a lot of my work is bright, vibrant scenes. Ultimately I want to get the most out of Lux and Reality, but I won't deny that most of my work is still done using 3Delight because I have a genuine difficulty trying to get the same effects out of it that I can using 3Delight's shaders.

Firstly I have a hopefully simple question. Is there a way to get Reality to read my Daz light settings and convert them appropriately? I say this because no matter which light settings I add to the scene, they always default to 1.00 gain and 100 watts and need reworking in Reality. I've also noticed that the "House Lights" tag doesn't seem to work and Reality still tries to render them, so I have to manually disable any such lights in the Reality dialogs.

Secondly, and related to the picture, I could really use some help with skin settings. Sadly ACSEL shaders aren't available for a lot of the figures I currently use, and I can't figure out what Surface Fuzz is actually doing, since I can't see a difference between using it and not. The example image is a postworked piece I did recently. The post work process was identical for both.

The left represents 3Delights render. The right is Reality 2.0. Both use virtually the same lighting rig. Three spotlights, and one IBL (Daz's UE2 replaced by Reality's IBL). I used the same TIFF image for the IBL in both (though I note this also has to be done through Reality since changing the IBL sphere surface has no effect).

Any tips for getting a cleaner, brighter image?