Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: should poser have a new raytrace render engine?

ice-boy opened this issue on Apr 25, 2011 · 111 posts

Cariad posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 11:03 AM

Quote - It's similar to what we're trying to achieve with Pose2Lux actually. Prebuilt shaders that still use the texture maps of the Poser model or totally new ones that one can apply in the exporter. Obviously it's not perfected yet, but some of us are working on it behind the scenes. However, some adjustment by the end user with preview is planned for a future release.

I find it ironic too, that writing a shader for Luxrender by hand is easier for me to understand than using nodes in Poser. Go figure ;). Even LuxBlend makes more sense...lol.

edit: and yes, Snarlygribbly is a bit of a brainiac. That's a compliment...lol.

Laurie

We're lucky to have Snarly that is for darned sure.  Otherwise I would probably still be staring crosseyed at the .xml.  I can write a material by hand for P2L far faster than I could ever put one together for Poser and I don't need to worry about whether or not my math nodes are in the right order, just whether or not the .xml is formatted correctly, which with a good text editor is easy.

Which reminds me, my sanity break from skin is over, time to get back to work on it.