Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: should poser have a new raytrace render engine?

ice-boy opened this issue on Apr 25, 2011 ยท 111 posts

aRtBee posted Sun, 01 May 2011 at 8:30 AM

interesting thread on the Poser renderer, again.

Between the lines, some people were reporting memory issues. Poser 8 is a 32bit program which can address up to 2Gb user memory under normal conditions. You can boost this to 3Gb, I did a tutorial (in the Rendo Tutorial area) to tell you how. P8 does not do so automatically in a 64-bit environment.

Rendering as a seperate process saves you from the Poser-overhead, giving a bit more room as well. Don't forget to make the FFRender.exe 3Gb-aware as well, then !

happy rendering.

BTW, I agree on Steves analysis on GPU benefits. Luxrender uses GPU for just a few routines in the process, while MAX as well as Octane and 3DCoat use GPU mainly for speeding up the interactive work in the viewports. In the meantime, one can do raytracing with FireFly (just set the materials accordingly, this was exactly what the REYES engine is about) and it is faster than Bryce. So, what's up?

- - - - - 

Usually I'm wrong. But to be effective and efficient, I don't need to be correct or accurate.

visit www.aRtBeeWeb.nl (works) or Missing Manuals (tutorials & reviews) - both need an update though