Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic cloth - the cloth room For Compleat Dummies

RobynsVeil opened this issue on Dec 03, 2010 · 409 posts

NanetteTredoux posted Sun, 05 December 2010 at 11:39 PM

My humble attempt at modelling a dress for the story is much simpler than the adapted garment. It has no modelled buttons or pleats, but it also has a v-shaped bodice and flared skirt. The bodice is very tight fitting. If I try to clothify the whole dress, the simulation fails at frame 0. (I tried all kinds of settings and tweaks to no avail). Is this due to the bodice being tight fitting?

If I use it as a hybrid and only clothify the skirt, I get better results. I had some problems of poking through at the knees but fixed that by using the additional collision options. The simulation takes about 10 minutes. The results could probably be improved with postwork.

The difference between the two skirts is that in mine, the polys don't follow the v shape in the skirt. I tried to keep them fairly level and square. The skirt in this garment is moderately low poly, but most of the polys are square, and there are no modelled pleats.

Earlier in the thread somebody said that it was "all in the mesh". What are the characteristics of a mesh that will work well in the cloth room? I kind find guidance in the manual.

Poser 11 Pro, Windows 10

Auxiliary Apps: Blender 2.79, Vue Complete 2016, Genetica 4 Pro, Gliftex 11 Pro, CorelDraw Suite X6, Comic Life 2, Project Dogwaffle Howler 8, Stitch Witch