Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Dynamic cloth - the cloth room For Compleat Dummies

RobynsVeil opened this issue on Dec 03, 2010 · 409 posts

RobynsVeil posted Sun, 05 December 2010 at 6:32 AM

That is pretty much what my intent was, John, when I started this thread. May the Bagginsbill of the Cloth Room please raise his or her hand!

Apparently, there are several Poser artists who have attained a significant level of profficiency in this area. I've read some of the tutorials they recommend, but fail to get the same "Aha!" ... possibly my brain (winks at aRTBee)...

My first question to them would be: most instances of going from T - pose to whatever pose would take a real human more than one second, which is what Poser gives us with 30 frames, right? 30 frames/second? So, for most poses, we should have it set up for at least 60 seconds or even 90... yes, 3 seconds is a long time, but sit down in an easy chair, fold your hands in your lap and cross one knee over the other... and do this in a silk dress. 3 seconds is rushing it, unless you're not worried about being inelegant.

Point being: how many seconds is too long? What is the longest frame session you've created? Why is it frames and not fractions of a second, anyway?

(Okay, so there was more than one question.... but they were related! :biggrin:)

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks