Forum: Vue

Subject: Flexi-rules: to be bent or broken at moderator’s/admin’s whim

ArtPearl opened this issue on Aug 15, 2010 · 48 posts

ArtPearl posted Wed, 25 August 2010 at 5:36 PM

I still look in occasionally - I havnt been banned yet. 

I'm very disappointed at the dismissive responses by the moderators.
All the issues I raised were perfectly valid and phrased to the best of my ability.
I deserve a considered answer to each one of those.
The fact that the issue of 'nudity' keeps coming back shouldnt trigger an explosion from the forum moderator. It should trigger second thoughts by the authorities that be. (and I had a suggestion which didnt get any response, not even given a rationale why it is dismissed).
The fact that I brought several examples of inappropriate rules and responses, and I explained my points in details, doesnt merit  the label 'arguments too argumentative'. It deserved at least a thought through set of counter arguments.
Well, I'm disappointed but not surprised...

Thanks to all who expressed a supportive opinion. Just a few comments:
osper -
one can not 'just clicked nudity' as it is just as much against the tos to flag an image as nudity when there is no nudity involved. So you still have to know what exactly is nudity, and I obviousely havnt gotten the hang of it.
impish -
the fact that the nudity flag 'invites' more viewers is yet another reason why I dont want to flag my images like that. I dont want those viewers visiting (and they will be disappointed).
lostinspace -
I really like your aliens, they have a slick elegance to them. Of course needing to flag them for nudity buffles me. Have you tried stating that they are sculptures of aliens rather than live ones? nude statues are OK according to the tos. Go figure.
Bernie -
You have my sympathy of course:)
Silverblade
Not sure what your point was - that there are greater attrocities than being forced to use a nudity flag? I agree wholeheartedly. (It isnt even a big issue in my own life). But that doesnt mean we shouldnt protest when wrongs on a smaller scale are being done. I have a feeling that those who do not protest 'small' injustices, will not protest bigger ones eithe - force of habit.
Alex and everyone else-
I'm not slamming any doors, but it will be nearly impossible for me to post anything new in the galleries.  All my images have been uploaded to redbubble.com, and I'll carry on posting there. My user name there is also artpearl.
A link to my gallery is
artpearl.redbubble.com

I also have an account on deviant art but havnt started posting there yet.

PS just for fun, according to your interpretation of the TOS should there have been a nudity flag on my image
"Holiday blues"?
I didnt think so when I posted, but it is a humanoid...there is no evidence he is wearing any clothes...no info if he has genitals and if they are visible...
Just another example why the rule cannot enforced in a sensible way.

"I paint that which comes from the imagination or from dreams, or from an unconscious drive. I photograph the things that I do not wish to paint, the things which already have an existence."
Man Ray, modernist painter
http://artpearl.redbubble.com/