Forum: Community Center

Subject: Censorship madness: cartoon aliens must have underwear!! WTH?!

silverblade33 opened this issue on Jul 16, 2010 · 41 posts

JenX posted Fri, 16 July 2010 at 11:31 AM

Listen, I understand that this is frustrating.  It should be mostly frustrating to the original artist, but, I digress.

The simple fact is this; Hundreds of images are uploaded on a daily basis.  There used to be a time when almost every image had to be brought to the team for review because of one thing or another, usually to determine age of a nude figure.  That was a lot of work, and that was even 5+ years ago!!

Now?  We have a lot more work, because there are a lot more members, and a lot more artwork in the gallery.  

I HAVE looked at the gallery, in full detail.  The reason for my confusion on this is the inconsistency in the gallery...The ones appearing to be female (I may be wrong) are given breasts and are almost always clothed.  The ones appearing to be male are rarely clothed, and, when in images with the ones appearing to be female are dressed much LESS than the females.  

I LIKE the work.  It's actually really great, and brought a smile to my face this morning.  And it was sorely needed.  But, that doesn't mean he doesn't have to follow the rules we hold everyone else to.  He has subconsciously shown that his figures are indeed humanoid, and there are times when they need to be clothed.  I honestly think that, had he not done that, these may have remained overlooked by our very small Vue staff.  
But, when they appear unclothed, they are indeed nude.  And, to that end, the nudity flag, and either cropped or standard Content Advisory thumbnail needs to be used.  But members don't get to decide when they have and have not broken a rule.  You don't have to be happy about it.  And you may not think it's fair to him.  But it's fair on the whole.

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.