Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Free stocking+leg shader

bagginsbill opened this issue on Nov 08, 2007 ยท 245 posts

RodS posted Sat, 02 January 2010 at 12:12 AM

OK - After re-reading Bagginsbill's EXCELLENT tutorial for about the 15th time, and perusing this thread several times, I finally got it through my thick head how to apply this stocking shader. This thing is awesome!

However, I've come up with a result that has me a bit puzzled. First let me say that I'm a rank beginner with Poser - just bought P8 a few months ago. I've figured out how to do some cool stuff in the Material room, but my uderstanding of how all this works compared to, say, a pro like Bagginsbill, is roughly equivelant to a grasshopper's understanding of string theory. In other words the likelihood that I've done something stupid is pretty much 100%. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

Anyhoo.... I loaded my DeeAnne character (she's a mish-mash of V4,A4, and I also used a skin mat from Shauna from the G4 Pro Pack). I used the grouping tool to make two separate stocking areas, one for the legs and one for the hip area as I intended to create the effect of pantyhose. I assigned the legs and feet to 'stockings' and the hips/torso to 'stockings-up.' I used BB's shader to assign the skin colors as directed for both areas, and selected red for the hose. Here is the first result:

Not too shabby, but wait - what's that little area on her right leg, just under the dress (circled in red)?

..Continued below....

"I reject your reality and substitute my own" - Adam Savage