Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Artistic "Lens"

bagginsbill opened this issue on Oct 29, 2008 · 247 posts

RobynsVeil posted Wed, 02 December 2009 at 6:56 PM

Quote - The script I posted above is wrong. I forgot that the Blending value on a Blender node is single-channel. We need to have a blending factor that is done once per channel, not for the whole RGB triple. So I built the filter with more math nodes because I can't use one blender to choose between the two ranges for all 3 channels.

You wouldn't happen to have the asRGB/sRGB script lying around handy anywhere, Bill? I mean, the revised one... the one you wrote for the artistic lens. I'd be really keen to see it.

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed, and have been using the above script (which you said was wrong) in my renders as an alternative to GC, just to see. Might just be me, but I kinda like the results better.

So, how would you separate out the colour channel? Component?

BTW, finally converting my skin shader to mix.mm1. There were some massive holes in my understanding of classes and that sort of thing which cobaltdream quite laboriously (well, I'm thick so it took a bit of doing!) helped me with, so I'll be bugging you soon with more questions about that... :laugh:

Monterey/Mint21.x/Win10 - Blender3.x - PP11.3(cm) - Musescore3.6.2

Wir sind gewohnt, daß die Menschen verhöhnen was sie nicht verstehen
[it is clear that humans have contempt for that which they do not understand] 

Metaphor of Chooks