Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: IBL + IDL .. Yay or nay?

Zanzo opened this issue on Aug 11, 2009 · 95 posts

bagginsbill posted Wed, 12 August 2009 at 1:38 PM

Quote - thanks. i will  get poser 8 this week.

but to be honest on those renders the fake SSS from the shader looks very strange. i dont know if this is from the GI bouncing. for example on the body on the right. on the edge you can see a lot of red color. i think it makes it looks very fake.

I applied the same settings to all, as it was only a test render. I was planning to adjust them better, as the amount of SSS really must be matched to each texture set. I hadn't yet posed them or clothed them how I planned. My plan was to do 16 figures, 8 Ryans and 8 Alysons, in many variations, all in one image. I wanted them dressed different ways, talking to each other, like at a party.

I sent that test render to SM, just to show them what I was up to. I did not know anything about the release date, and like most people I assumed it was a few weeks away. Turned out it was only 3 days away at the time! They liked the image enough to publish it, and before I knew what happened, Poser 8 was shipping!!!

So there's the back story.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)