Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: IBL + IDL .. Yay or nay?

Zanzo opened this issue on Aug 11, 2009 · 95 posts

pjz99 posted Tue, 11 August 2009 at 9:32 PM

Quote - So, I did not even begin to imagine you'd ever make the mistake of using a directional shadow system on an omnidirectional light source. That makes no sense. So I didn't see why you'd even bring it up, when discussing how IBL works. it wasn't relevant to even discuss directional shadows on IBL, when the IBL is used for ambient lighting, which is 99.99% of the time.

And I don't know why you brought up AO, since Stefan explained that when indirect lighting is enabled, light-based AO is skipped.  I'm assuming he knows what he's talking about, but assumptions can be perilous things.

Quote - Now you seem combative.  I dont' know why.

I don't know why it seems that way to you either.  I suggest you re-examine my posts and check your conclusion.

Quote - If I do the same demonstration with a wall made of 10,000 polygons, does that change anything? Further, how does a denser set of vertices come into play, when simply duplicating the single polygon suddenly produced a completely different outcome?

You're in a much better position to find out for sure, since you're in regular communication with Stefan.  Ask him.  Since I don't know the internals of Poser's GI algo (even if I did, I wouldn't really understand them) it is likely that he will give you a better answer.

My Freebies