Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Attempt at reducing Koz hair speculars in P6

PapaBlueMarlin opened this issue on Apr 14, 2006 ยท 68 posts

bagginsbill posted Sat, 15 April 2006 at 6:47 AM

You surely reduced it, but I still clearly see the painted highlights in your test shots. I tried this a while back as well. I also tried manipulating the texture itself in photoshop.

In all my results, like you, it was still possible to see the painted highlight. Its just TOO STRONG to get rid of.

I finally concluded that, MAYBE, another 20-30 hours in the shader room could get it better, but that it would take less time to just make a brand new texture for it, from scratch. When I tried, of course, the results were crap.

I know we can't look a gift horse in the mouth, but I wish Koz would make a texture without the white stripes. I'm sure he could do it in an hour, from his original textures.

I've stopped using Koz hair because I spend HOURS getting the skin and lights as good as I can and then have the Koz hair just ruin the whole effect of realism. The only option is to design your lights to match the hair.

Sigh.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)