Forum: Poser - OFFICIAL

Subject: Minitut - Dramatic light and shadows for portraits - NO NOSTRIL GLOW

bagginsbill opened this issue on Feb 09, 2006 ยท 68 posts

bagginsbill posted Thu, 09 February 2006 at 12:08 PM

Now comes the non-intuitive magic. We need to scale down the camera!

For my picture of V3 in default pose, scale=12% works good for the head and neck.

Now as soon as you set the 12%, the camera will show a closeup of her feet. I don't know why, but the camera zoom always moves the camera to point at global coordinates 0,0,0. We need to adjust that.

For my figure, a yTran=510 works well. Sometimes you move xTran a little. Just get the portrait part of your figure completely in the image.

We want to make sure the area of interest is as big as possible, without leaving anything out. If you zoom too far and render, you will see the shadow mysteriously cut off at an arbitrary point. That means that your face camera can see something the shadow camera doesn't see. If that happens, scale up a bit and recenter the shadow cam.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)