E-on Software to Ship Vue 10 Early November
October 23, 2011 11:16 pm
VUE 10 PRE RELEASE AVAILABLE FOR USERS UNDER MAINTENANCE
E-on software, the leader in Digital Nature solutions today announced the formal unveiling of its upcoming Vue 10 product line - scheduled for release early November, 2011.
Among other significant advances, this new release introduces a number of major enhancements such as spline and road tools, a new rock technology, streamlined terrain editing, a physical water shading engine along with significant improvements in overall rendering performance and artistic control.
Release Schedule and Product LineupE-on software expects to release the entire Vue 10 product line early November 2011*.
The Vue 10 product line is built around the same three-tiered structure:
- Vue 10 for CG Professionals: Vue Infinite and Vue
Offers CG professionals premiere solutions for creating exceptionally rich and realistic Digital Nature environments with seamless integration into any production workflow.
- Vue 10 for 3D Artists: Vue Esprit, Vue Studio and Vue
Provides 3D artists with powerful modular applications to create rich 3D Digital Nature scenery and landscapes.
- Vue 10 for 3D Enthusiasts: Vue Pioneer and Theme-Packs,
Vue 3D SuperHero and Vue Frontier.
Published by Cornucopia3D and powered by e-on software, these products feature content-filled, easy-to-use scenic nature creation for home and family use, with Vue Frontier specifically dedicated to Poser™ and Daz|Studio™ users.
*Professional solutions will ship first, followed closely by products for 3D Artists and 3D Enthusiasts.
Next Generation Features
Capitalizing on breakthrough technologies introduced in previous versions, Vue 10 adds a number of new and extended features such as:
- Spline and Road Tools: Vue 10 includes a comprehensive spline toolkit that can be used for EcoSystems, terrain effects, building roads or creating objects. An automatic Path-finding algorithm can also be used to build realistic roads at the surface of terrains.
- Dynamic Rocks: Vue 10 features a library of dynamic rock templates that can be used to instantly create single rocks, groups of rocks, or use them in EcoSystems. Each time the user creates a rock from a template, a new and unique variation will be generated.
- Water Shading Engine and Physical Transparency: Physical water adds absorption and scattering parameters to allow for realistic light absorption in the body of water. Ocean waves now accurately affect incident light to produce realistic underwater caustics.
- Render Comparison: The new render display dialog now lets the user stack and compare previous renders. Users can overlay and compare 2 renders (including multi-pass layers) and use HDR difference tools for in depth analysis. Lightweight render clones can be created to test various postprocessing effects, without altering the original render.
- EcoSystem Phase and Lean-out Control: Vue 10 lets the user individually control the phase (animation offset) of animated elements inside EcoSystem populations for creating more natural animations. Phase is totally user-controllable on a per instance basis, using the function graph. EcoSystem Lean-out Control lets the user define how the EcoSystem instances lean out towards zones of lower density.
- Terrain Editing Improvements: Users can now precisely preview the active zones when painting with a brush that has Environment Constraints applied. A new Custom 3D terrain brush is added to the brush collection. Mask rotation can also be enabled/disabled when painting in the terrain editor. Material painting in the terrain editor is markedly improved. A new Strata3D node is added for the creation of realistic canyon walls and stratified rock formations. And much more!
- Edge-based Anti-Aliasing: A new edge-based anti-aliasing algorithm is added to complement the previous color-based anti-aliasing strategy. Both AA settings can be configured independently.
- Improved Depth of Field and Motion Blur.
- Up to 30% Faster Rendering Speed: Significant internal optimizations made to Vue 10’s rendering engine will result in dramatically accelerated rendering.
- And much more: new "Main View Defined" Aspect Ratio, Multiple Camera Aspect Ratio Variation, Improved Render Area, Texture Projection Node, Mixed Materials Alpha Channel, Collada Morph Targets...
- Plus all the new features introduced in Vue 9.5 such as GPU Anti-Aliasing, FastHybrid Depth of Field, Atmosphere Relighting, Localized Cloud Layers, Advanced Cloud Control, Interactive Texture Placement, Custom Star Maps and more.
More details on the new features as well as the complete description pages will be published at the time of release.
Vue 10 xStream / Infinite Pre-Release Versions Immediately Available
Users of Vue xStream or Vue Infinite under maintenance will receive the upgrade to the corresponding Vue 10 product at no charge, and if desired, can download a pre-release version of their Vue 10 upgrade immediately.
More information on e-on software’s maintenance plans can be
Vue 10 xStream and Vue 10 Infinite are expected to ship in the first half of November 2011. Customers who purchased Vue 9.5 xStream or Infinite within 30 days of the release of Vue 10 will receive Vue 10 at no cost as part of the Free 30 Day Maintenance included with all new purchases.
Vue 9 Esprit, Studio or Complete users who enrolled in e-on's product subscription program will receive their upgrade to Vue 10 for free as soon as the product is released (early November).
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments. Offering a wide array of Digital Nature products and applications, e-on software provides solutions adapted to every project and budget. E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, educational and entertainment industries.
E-on software products were used in feature films such as as "Thor", "Avatar", "Clash of the Titans", "Despicable Me", "The Wolf Man", "2012", "Lovely Bones", "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus", "GI Joe – The Rise of the Cobra", "The Proposal", "Land of the Lost", "Terminator 4, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Indiana Jones 4", "Monster Vs Aliens", "Australia", "The Spiderwick Chronicles", "KungFu Panda", "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" and TV series such as "Smallville", "Battlestar Gallactica", "Caprica", "Stargate Atlantis", "Stargate Continuum", and more. Read more on these stories in e-on software's Spotlights section: www.e-onsoftware.com/spotlight.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer's creativity. By investing significant resources into research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge, user friendly technologies that produce stunning Digital Nature scenery.
E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon with an European office in Paris, France.
Visit their website at http://www.e-onsoftware.com.
Editor's Note: Be sure to also visit
- Renderosity Vue Community
- Renderosity Vue Free Stuff
- Renderosity Vue Tutorials
- Renderosity Vue MarketPlace
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - FAN ART
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Portraits
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Comics / Cartoons
- MAXON’s CINEMA 4D R16: An Excellent Upgrade
- NVIDIA Quadro K2200 Graphics Card in Review
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - ZBrush
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Landscape
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Halloween Edition
- Autodesk Maya 2015 in Review
- SIGGRAPH 2014: Creative People and Cutting Edge Technology in a Magic City