E-on Software Ships Vue 10.5
June 5, 2012 12:21 am
VUE 10.5 ADDS MORE POWER TO YOUR DIGITAL NATURE
Beaverton, Oregon: e-on software, maker of the leading solutions for Digital Nature, announced today the immediate availability of Vue 10.5 xStream and Infinite, the latest production-driven version of its professional solutions for the creation, animation and rendering of natural 3D environments.
New features of Vue 10.5
Specifically designed for graphics professionals, Vue xStream and Vue Infinite combine a multitude of cutting edge features that easily integrate into existing production pipelines. Vue Infinite operates as a standalone application while Vue xStream works seamlessly inside 3ds Max, Maya, Softimage, LightWave and Cinema4D.
The Vue 10.5 feature set was designed following production feedback from e-on software’s professional users. This new version includes many feature and interface optimizations, leading to a better, faster and more streamlined workflow.
EcoSystem Stacking in Vue 10.5
Among other new features version 10.5 includes the following:
- Multiple Vue Camera Import: All Vue cameras present in the scene can be imported to the host application (Vue xStream specific).
- Directional Light Matching: The Vue sun may now be tied to any directional light from the native scene in the host application (Vue xStream specific).
- Spline Roll: It is now possible to add roll to spline keypoints using the local rotation gizmo e.g. to create leaning roads or roller coaster rails that bank along bends.
- Spline Resampling: To complement Vue's Automatic Path Finding, Vue 10.5 introduces Spline Resampling that creates new spline keys while keeping the original spline path to better hug the underlying surface.
- EcoSystem Stacking: Users will now be able to stack EcoSystem instances on top of each other. This new feature is available both while painting an EcoSystem or directly from the material editor.
- Rock Convexity: the Rock Convexity material node changes the look of the rocks based on their actual geometry, for instance to create dirty insets or polished edges.
- TerrainFractal 2: Vue 10.5 introduces a new version of the original Terrain Fractal node with optional stratification. Terrain Fractal 2 generates a higher diversity of natural looking shapes, and rough areas of rocks and cliffs are more convincingly integrated in the relief.
- Deeper customization thanks to new Python functions: Vue 10.5 adds several new commands to the Python library, such as: Add/remove/move spline points or modify spline effects, Add or modify cloud layers, Manage object animation functions, Hide objects from render, Enable or disable dialogs to popup or set callbacks, and a lot more...
- Network rendering improvements: RenderCow CPU affinity is automatically synchronized with the Windows task manager, RenderCows can be paused directly from the tray icon, the scene render size can be overwritten directly via a RenderNode command line...
- Many other improvements such as angular splines, Terrain Color Pattern node, EcoSystem manipulation and customization improvements, Render Stack management improvements, cloud layer dummies grouping and more.
Vue 10.5 is available free of charge for all users under maintenance. Users of Vue 10 who are not under maintenance and wish to advance to Vue 10.5 should purchase maintenance today - they will receive Vue 10.5 and the Vue 11 upgrade free of charge.
More information on e-on software’s maintenance plans can be found at: www.e-onsoftware.com/maintenance
Customers who purchased Vue 10 xStream or Infinite within 30 days of the release of Vue 10.5 will automatically receive Vue 10.5 at no cost as part of the Free 30 Day Maintenance included with all new purchases.
Vue 10.5 xStream retails for $1,790 with one year maintenance ($1495 without maintenance). A one year standard maintenance plan for xStream costs $395 (renewal: $295 only!).
Vue 10.5 Infinite retails for $1,090 with one year maintenance ($895 without maintenance). A one year standard maintenance plan for Infinite costs $295 (renewal: $195 only!).
Upgrades from Vue 9.x xStream to Vue 10.5 xStream are available for $495. Upgrades from Vue 9.x Infinite to Vue 10.5 Infinite are available for $395 (upgrades from Vue 8.x are also available). Full pricing information is available at: www.e-onsoftware.com/pricelist.
Annual subscriptions for Educational licenses of Vue xStream and Infinite are available respectively for $149/year/seat and $99/year/seat. Upgrades to Vue 10.5 are free for owners of active educational licenses of Vue 10.
Vue 10.5 xStream and Vue 10.5 Infinite are available in English for Windows XP, Windows Vista and Windows 7, and on Mac OSX 10.5+ (Mac Intel only), for both 32 and 64 bit.
Vue 10.5 xStream is compatible with the following renderers:
- 3ds Max 2008 to 2013: MentalRay (integrated and MR satellites), V-Ray
- Maya 2008 to 2013: MentalRay (integrated and MR satellites), V-Ray, Maya Software
- Softimage | XSI 7.0 to 2013: MentalRay (integrated and MR satellites)
- Cinema 4D R11 to R13: native renderer
- LightWave 9.3 to 11: native renderer
Other renderers are under consideration.
About e-on software
E-on software is the leading developer of solutions for the creation, animation, rendering and integration of natural 3D environments. Offering a wide array of Digital Nature products and applications, e-on software provides solutions adapted to every project and budget. E-on software products are used worldwide by the film, television, architecture, game, science, educational and entertainment industries.
E-on software products were used in feature films such as as "Thor", "Avatar", "Clash of the Titans", "Despicable Me", "The Wolf Man", "2012", "Lovely Bones", "The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus", "GI Joe – The Rise of the Cobra", "The Proposal", "Land of the Lost", "Terminator 4, "The Curious Case of Benjamin Button", "Indiana Jones 4", "Monster Vs Aliens", "Australia", "The Spiderwick Chronicles", "KungFu Panda", "Pirates of the Caribbean 2" and TV series such as "Spartacus", "Smallville", "Battlestar Gallactica", "Caprica", "Stargate Atlantis", "Stargate Continuum", and more. Read more on these stories in e-on software's Spotlights section: www.e-onsoftware.com/spotlight.
E-on software was founded on the premise that powerful graphics tools should never get in the way of the designer's creativity. By investing significant resources into research and development, e-on software is able to deliver cutting-edge, user friendly technologies that produce stunning Digital Nature scenery.
E-on software is based in Beaverton, Oregon with an European office in Paris, France.
Visit their website at http://www.e-onsoftware.com.
Editor's Note: Be sure to also visit
- Renderosity Vue Community
- Renderosity Vue Free Stuff
- Renderosity Vue Tutorials
- Renderosity Vue MarketPlace
Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.
- 3D Grand Prize Halloween Winner: Maddelirium
- November Artist of the Month - mermaid
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - FAN ART
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Portraits
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Comics / Cartoons
- MAXON’s CINEMA 4D R16: An Excellent Upgrade
- NVIDIA Quadro K2200 Graphics Card in Review
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - ZBrush
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Landscape
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Halloween Edition