Corel Celebrates User Talent with 2013 CorelDRAW® International Design Contest
March 9, 2013 1:28 am
Over $100,000 US in prizes to be won
Corel kicked off the CorelDRAW® International Design Contest. Until June 30, 2013, users from around the world can submit work they created using CorelDRAW® and Corel® PHOTO-PAINT™ X6. With six categories and over $100,000 US in prizes available, this year's Design Contest aims to celebrate the creativity and versatility of the CorelDRAW community.
"The CorelDRAW International Design Contest offers the chance for our users to show their talent and design style to the world," said Gérard Métrailler, Sr. Director, Product Management, Graphics at Corel. "Our users constantly inspire us, and this is our opportunity to highlight their work so they can inspire others as well."
Categories and Prizes
Participants can submit entries into any of the following categories:
- Advertising/Specialty Graphics - Examples of flyers, brochures, logos, signs, banners, awards, engraving, and other designs related to advertising, marketing or point of purchase (POP)
- Vehicle Wraps - Designs for car, truck, boat or other vehicle wraps
- Textile/Fashion Design - Designs for fashion, embroidery and direct-to-garment printing
- General Illustration & Fine Art - Artistic, creative and unique designs
- Student - Designs submitted by students who are formally enrolled in an educational institution
- Bonus Category: Speed Drawing Video - Time-lapse videos showing creation of a design in CorelDRAW or PHOTO-PAINT X6 (max 10 minutes). Designs submitted in another category can also be submitted in this category
Judging will take place throughout July 2013 and Corel will announce winners at the end of August. Three winners, including one grand-prize winner, will be chosen for each category, resulting in a total of 18 winners.
The grand prize winner will receive a Roland VersaStudio BN-20 Desktop Printer/Cutter, free Wilcom Embroidery Studio Designing and $10,000 in cash. Other prizes include products from Wilcom, SkyFonts, Wacom and Corel.
"Partnering with the CorelDRAW International Design Contest gives us another outlet to help designers get the most out of their finished product," said Andrew Oransky, Director of Marketing and Product Management, Roland. "The grand-prize VersaStudio is a versatile production tool that will help Corel users expand their capabilities."
The Fine Print
All design submissions are subject to the Official Rules. All designs must be submitted in CorelDRAW X6 or Corel PHOTO-PAINT X6 and received by 11:59 p.m. Eastern Standard Time on June 30, 2013. The winning designs will be announced on or about August 31, 2013. Contest participants may download a free, fully functional trial of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 (PHOTO-PAINT is included in the trial) through the contest website. The new subscription program allows participants to download a fully functional version of CorelDRAW Graphics Suite X6 for use on a monthly or annual basis.
Meet the CorelDRAW Community
- Join the community at CorelDRAW.com
- Connect with CorelDRAW on Facebook
- Follow our updates @CorelDRAW
Corel is one of the world's top software companies providing some of the industry's best-known brands, including Roxio®, Pinnacle™ and WinZip®. Boasting the most comprehensive portfolio of graphics, productivity and digital media products, we've built a reputation for delivering innovative software that's easy to learn and use, helping people achieve new levels of creativity and productivity. The industry has responded with hundreds of awards for innovation, design and value.
Used by millions of people around the world, our product lines include CorelDRAW® Graphics Suite, Corel® Painter™, Corel® PaintShop® Pro, Corel® VideoStudio®, Corel® WordPerfect® Office, Pinnacle Studio™, Roxio Creator®, Roxio® Toast® and WinZip®. For more information on Corel, please visit www.corel.com.
© 2012 Corel Corporation. All rights reserved. Corel, the Corel logo, the Corel Balloon logo, CorelDRAW, PaintShop, Painter, PHOTO-PAINT, Pinnacle, Roxio, Roxio Creator, Toast, VideoStudio, WordPerfect, and WinDVD are trademarks or registered trademarks of Corel Corporation and/or its subsidiaries. WinZip is a registered trademark of WinZip International LLC. All other names and any registered and unregistered trademarks mentioned are used for identification purposes only and remain the exclusive property of their respective owners.
**Please note: If you find the color of the text hard to read, please click on "Printer-friendly" and black text will appear on a white background.**
- 2D Grand Prize Halloween Contest Winner: EldritchCellar
- Gallery of the Week - PaintShopPro
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - FAN ART
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Portraits
- Review of Sensu Buddy Stylus
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Comics / Cartoons
- Autodesk's Sketchbook Pro 7 and Sketchbook Pro 2015
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Halloween Edition
- Digital Art Masters: Volume 8 In Review
- Glen Keane Creates Beautiful Animated Short, Duet, for Google's ATAP