Changes in the Showcase Forum & Gallery
March 25, 2008 2:12 pm
Effective immediately, the Product Showcase Forum will be renamed the MarketPlace Showcase Forum, and the Product Showcase Gallery will be renamed the MarketPlace Showcase Gallery. Only items that are found in the Renderosity MarketPlace will be shown in either area. Any new posts or gallery images regarding outside content will be removed.
What does this mean for you? It means you can be assured that any product you get via the MarketPlace Showcase follows Renderosity’s strict guidelines for quality and support. In the end, this is a move that will benefit not just the MarketPlace, but the community as a whole. If you’re interested in selling your products through Renderosity, but don’t know how, you can read about it here.
As always, we thank you for choosing Renderosity, where quality and professionalism come first.
- 3D Grand Prize Halloween Winner: Maddelirium
- Maxon Software Now Available at Renderosity
- Reallusion's Latest Releases On Sale Now!
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - FAN ART
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Portraits
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Comics / Cartoons
- MAXON’s CINEMA 4D R16: An Excellent Upgrade
- NVIDIA Quadro K2200 Graphics Card in Review
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - ZBrush
- Renderosity Gallery of the Week - Halloween Edition
I think this is really unfair, I buy not only from here but other places as well and for me product showcase has saved me time and money not searching through all the content I do not want to buy. No To mention I do plenty of product showcase items for here and other places.
I find the new policy reasonable enough. If a vendor decides to sell a product at another site, the vendor should be prepared to rely on that site's marketing tools. But I would allow using Site Mail to notify past customers of a new product at another site as a legitimate community function.
I think this is simply a smart business venture on Renderosity's side. It doesn't make sense to allow people to advertise their products on this site when it requires bandwidth and storage space for Rendo to keep their images. I would however like to see them remove the cap on images basic members per day get to upload.