July 1, 2006 12:00 am
||Who's it going to BE?!|
How are nominees for AOM selected?
Members who participate in a selected gallery are nominated by our Moderators, and Admins. Artist of the Month is highlighting a talented Renderosity artist that has been nominated by the site team and voted by the community. Recognition is given to this member for their collection of works for that year. Since we only select one AOM per month, it is not about their works for that particular month. Instead, it is about highlighting a talented artist's works for that year and they are recognized during that month.
What criteria do the Mods/Admins use to select their nominations?
They are asked to take into consideration the following criteria:
- An AOM nominee should have in their gallery a body of work that is created using the software/genre for the month in question.
- There should be more than just a sprinkling of that type of image, demonstrating a good foundation in and mastery of the software/genre.
- Several elements should be balanced and considered when selecting a nominee -- things like technical expertise, mood, message, design and content should be taken into consideration.
- The nominee's gallery should have fairly recent postings to it. (There are quite a few members who are no longer active and therefore no longer available for the follow up interview.)
- New:An artist can only be AOM for one time during the year. Those artists who have won this title during the past five years will not be included in the voting for a new AOM.
- New: Coordinators [as they are volunteers] will be eligible for AOM nomination for 2006 AOM, and, are no longer part of the AOM selection process.
- Moderators, and Admins are not eligible for Artist of the Month!
- January - 2D
- February - 3D Studio Max, Lightwave
- March – Bryce
- April - Cinema 4D/ Rhino 3D
- May – Fractal
- June - Mixed Medium, Digital Comics
- July - Terragen, ArtMatic, WorldBuilder, Mojoworld
- August - Photography
- September - Poser, Daz|Studio
- October - Writers
- November - Vue
- December - All Galleries not previously listed
What happens after the Community votes each month?
Once the voting has ended, an announcement on the front page is published until we receive the interview from the winner. This is also announced in our monthly newsletter. After the artist has been interviewed, the article is published on the front page for the entire month.
What is AOY?
At the end of the year, one of the Artists of the Month will be selected for the title of Artist of the Year. This is voted on by the Mods and Admins of the site.
||The 2005 Artist of the Month and Artist of the Year results:|
||Congratulations to Svenart [Sven Daennart] for being voted Renderosity's Artist of the Year 2005. Visit Svenart's Art Gallery. Read the Full Story.|
||The 2004 Artist of the Month and
Artist of the Year results:
||Congratulations to Rochr for being voted Renderosity's Artist of the Year 2004. Visit Rochr's Art Gallery. View the Full Story.|
||The 2003 Artist of the Month and Artist of the Year results:|
||Congratulations to enax for being voted Renderosity's Artist of the Year 2003. Visit enax's Art Gallery. View the Full Story.|
||The 2002 Artist of the Monthand Artist of the Year results:|
||Congratulations to ToxicAngel for being voted Renderosity's Artist of the Year 2002. Visit ToxicAngel's Art Gallery. View the Full Story.|
||The 2001 Artist of the Month and Artist of the Year results:|
||Congratulations to hobbit for being voted Renderosity's Artist of the Year 2001. Visit hobbit's Art Gallery. View the Full Story.|