The Nickelodeon Animation Festival kicked off this year with a call for entries on July 1st. They are looking for animated shorts under 10 minutes for a chance to win some excellent cash prizes, as well as the opportunity for your work to be seen worldwide.
There is no registration fee to enter and the entry form and short must be submitted online by 11:59 PM (Eastern Standard Time) on September 8, 2009.
- Grand Jury Award - $10,000 Prize
- Producers' Choice Award - $5,000 Prize
- Student Award in partnership with AddictingGames - $2,000 Prize
- Viewers' Choice Award - $5,000 Prize
- Any animated short that is no longer than ten (10) minutes in length (including credits), created in any style, using any type of animation process, is eligible.
- Only works completed after January 1, 2003 will be accepted.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older at the time of entry to be considered.
- Your short must not have been selected for any prior years' Nicktoons Network Animation Festival.
- You must own or hold all distribution and exhibition rights to your completed short and all the elements within, including all music.
- A completed entry form
For the complete details, as well as for the entry form and format guidelines, go here.
Nominees into the festival will be chosen on or about September 25, 2009.
Have a look at the past Nickelodeon Animation Festival winners and finalists, here.
About The Nickelodeon Animation Festival
The Nickelodeon Animation Festival is the first and only multi-platform animation festival in North America. The festival, the largest of its kind, showcases animators from around the world who submit their original animation, ideas and characters for a chance to win great prizes. The festival also offers animators the unique opportunity of having their work broadcast on-air, online, and shown at a live event at the Nickelodeon Studios in Burbank, California.