I rendered 2 more images of this aircraft
last weekend. I figured I may as well post
Still untextured, both rendered with Rhinoman
and BMRT. The top one is rendered using
irradiance/hdri. The bottom one ( silver)is
rendered using an array of lights, as was the
previous image of the same model I had posted.
Jun 11, 2003 2:25:10 pmby Fishbiproduct Homepage »
Thank's for comments.
@ MattMc 3: no postwork due to artifacts.
Settings were: 1024 samples, 5 max pixel distance
and .25 max error. AA at 4, max ref. bounces at
1. I used a Terragen-generated Hrdi map.
Another thing: I am showing the "shadow" side
of the aircraft. Reason being, I will get
artifacts if the viewed object is directly into
the path of light, so, I orient accordingly.
It can still be done, be you'll need higher
settings and/or postwork.
This particular image was rendered at 2000 per
1391 pixels ( and that looks really, really
good.. :) )
I also use a seed file and queue renderings,not
at that size, though. At 1222 per 850 pixels,
I'll get 4/5 images overnight, same quality.
Don't hesitate to e-mail if you need more info.